40+ years ago the New Knoxville community came together to reach a goal for a necessary sports complex expansion.
It was made possible by corporate and private donations and done so in less than a year.
The time is now for that legacy of commitment to continue for the future of our youth.
- 11,450 Sq Ft Complex Expansion to West Side of Current Gym
- Replace and Modernize Bleachers in Current Gym To Make ADA Compliant
- Additional Moveable Bleachers on West Wall To Make Up for the Loss of Seating After Replacing the Current Bleachers
- Visitor + Referee Locker Rooms
- Additional Storage for Equipment
- Infill Area Enclosure on North Side To Include Kitchen Freezer and Elementary Restrooms
- Corridor Connecting Complex to Current Elementary Restrooms / Concessions
** The Barn 2.0 Expansion project is just the beginning. The New Knoxville School Board of Education, The Athletic Boosters, and the School Improvement Committee are committed to additional future facility improvements. Initial research is being conducted to enhance our soccer and track facilities.
What are the Issues?
Bleachers Have to be Replaced
- The bleachers must be replaced in order to meet the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Standards for Accessible Design.
We Lack Referee + Visitor Locker Rooms
- We lack referee and visitor locker rooms. Referees use the teachers’ lounge for Junior High games, which do not include showers, and up to seven referees may share one room during multiple-game nights.
- Overall gym availability as well as equipment storage space is an issue.
Outdoor Kitchen Freezer
- The kitchen freezer must be enclosed. Accessing it during the winter months is hazardous.
- Our sports facilities have fallen behind other schools, and it’s unfair to our students, our community, and our visitors.
More Modern Fan Experience
- Comfortable / Accessible HS Game Seating for Residents and Away Fans.
More Sports Accessibility
- Year Round Access to Batting Cages for the Baseball Teams.
- Practice Location for Fall and Spring Sports During Inclement Weather.
Arts + Academic Benefits
- Full-Time Availability for Performing Arts Practices, Robotics Teams, and STEM Projects.
Conditioning + Youth Sports Space
- Additional Preseason Conditioning Space for all Sports.
- More Gym Availability for Elementary/Youth Athletic Program.
- New Knoxville Sports Attendance (More Attendance = More $$)
- Increase Attendance at Ranger Gymnasium Events
- Our Facility Will Be More Accommodating for all Fans
- 8th Grade DC Trip Concessions Profit Will Increase
- Junior Class Fundraising Profit Will Increase
- HS Basketball Ticket Sales Makes Up Almost 83% of Total Sports Budget
- Many Schools Rely on Football To Carry Their Other Sports Programs. New Knoxville Relies on Basketball.
- Total Sports Income Down 24% Since 2013
- This Is Not Sustainable!
- Corporate / Family Annual Sponsorships
- Community / Alumni Donation Pledges
- Advertising Opportunities / Naming Rights / Donor Wall
- Merchandise Sales